FileMaker 19 xDBC problem on Windows: solved!
I was trying to install the ODBC driver for Filemaker on Windows 10.
The problem is that once the installer is launched, it opens a windows window for a fraction of a second and then closes without giving any message, nor without leaving any event in the event viewer.
I tried everything, but even in specialized forums I couldn’t find working solutions. I lost a couple of hours, even with the help of a Filemaker expert ….. but nothing.
At the end and idea…I tried it and it worked!
But let’s start from the beginning.
- Download the installation file for Windows from the official page choose the version you need
2. Rename the file changing the extension from .exe to .zip
3. Open the file with a zip file manager. Inside you will find a folder
4. Inside the folder are two more folders, one for JDBC drivers and one for ODBC drivers.
Each of the two folders contains the files you need to launch
5. In my case I opened the folder ODBC Client Driver Installer
I launched the Win64 executable and finally the installer started!
I share this trick hoping it will be useful to you.
If you found it useful, share the article and leave a comment!
Aiutami a sostenere questo blog
Se vuoi puoi aiutarmi concretamente a sostenere questo blog. Puoi farlo con una donazione libera, con carta di credito o paypal. Te ne sarò riconoscente.